Covid-19 vaccine now available at our facility in Cartersville
Click the link below for more information about the Vaccines:
THINGS TO KNOW AND HOW TO PREPARE:
About the COVID-19 vaccines
- Currently two types of vaccines are available: mRNA (Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna – two doses) viral vector (Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen – one dose) vaccine.
- All three vaccines teach your body how to make antibodies to spike protein unique to the COVID-19 virus, so you are protected against infections.
- Two weeks after your last dose, your immune system will be able to recognize and protect against COVID-19.
- Regardless of which vaccine you receive, all authorized vaccines will help protect you against serious illnesses caused by COVID-19.
Vaccine side effects
- Minor side effects may occur for one to two days and are normal signs that your body is building protection.
- Common side effects may include pain at the injection site, tiredness, headache, muscle and joint pain or chills and fever.
- The vaccine does not contain the virus so it cannot give you COVID-19.
- Our C are available to answer your questions and give guidance on over-the-counter medications to treat side effects.
How to prepare for your vaccine
- Prior to your vaccination, make sure you are well rested and hydrated.
- It is not recommended you take over-the-counter medicine such as ibuprofen, aspirin, or acetaminophen before vaccination for the purpose of trying to prevent vaccine-related side effects.
- You may take these medications after receiving your vaccine to help with side effects. Wear a loose-fitting shirt with short sleeves to allow access to your arm.